View Single Post
Old January 12, 2009, 07:52 AM   #14
rantingredneck

I'm a bit of a flashlight junkie.

My bedside handgun has a Streamlight TLR-1 installed. (225 lumens, IIRC). I function check the light when the gun comes out of the safe each night. I replace batteries as needed.

Beside the bedside handgun there is a separate light. Surefire 6PD with CREE R2 drop in (290 lumens of retina scorching light). Also has a strike bezel, but let's hope it never gets to that point shall we?

The 870 that typically stays outside the safe at night has a Surefire 6P with CREE R2.

Other assorted long arms in the safe also have mounted lights.

There are nightlights scattered in the foyer, living room, and kitchen to backlight anyone coming into the house from either door. Just because you have a light mounted to your weapon doesn't mean you have to use it.......

Outside the bedroom door there's a 4D LED Maglight mounted (old school ). That's the one that I know is always there, mounted to the wall. In case of fire and we need a quick exit that will help light the way. Also a fire extinguisher mounted right below it. I check both every month and replace the fire extinguisher annually.

Without thinking too hard about it there's also a Coleman LED light with strike bezel hanging on a key rack by the front door (16.88 at Walmart, 75 lumen CREE Q5 LED, takes AAA batteries), There are two flourescent camping lanterns in the closet (useful for power outages, will completely light up a room). There are others scattered here and there.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)

Page generated in 0.03154 seconds with 8 queries