Thread: Nostalgia....
View Single Post
Old November 29, 2002, 11:31 AM   #2
Warren Kent

Good post Dave Mc:

I will claim to be self taught but in reality countless tips and refinement to my style has been garnered from those that I shoot with or against. I am a serious ATA trapshooter and never took the availibility of the many "clinics" that several of the natioally known shooters put on. They are providing a service for a fee and generally those that I've talked too that have taken the classes, feel they have been worth it. It would be nice to be able to finance your shooting by giving these clinics. One requirement for trapshooters to be lured to one of these classes is that the instructor must have accomplished something noteworthy in the game, in other words he or she must be a damn good shot.

In sporting clays all it takes is a few dollars to pay to someone else that has paid someone else to be labeled an instructor. We share our club with a sporting clays range that recently had 7 shooters paying $250.00 to a level "3" instructor to be able to be called a level "2" instructor. The shooters will then go out to other sporting clays courses and charge $100-$150 a day to newbie enthusiasts in order to learn how to lead a crosser or how to break a target called a teal that looks like it was shot straight up out of a mortar. I hope my comments don't make me appear like a petty, jelous trapshooter but over at the trap line we have our fun jokeing about the SC crowd. My point being that no substitute for practice can be had. The more you shoot the better you will become and yes you will develop a style that may not be a textbook example but I will show you variations of that perfect form that all the great shots exhibit.

I hope I didn't make any SC shooters mad with this post, it is a shotgun disapline and even trapshooters have been seen from time to time wandering around in the woods.

Page generated in 0.02252 seconds with 8 queries