View Single Post
Old May 16, 2018, 05:55 PM   #2
HiBC

In the 1980's,I might be wrong,but DuPont may have still been the source for IMR powders.
Over time and corporate moves,fires,etc,powders are mostly not coming from the same source they were in the 80's.
Plus,there are a lot of new ones to play with.

I worked as a machinist in a manufacturing plant.Policy was EVERY document or drawing had to be dated,and it was obsolete in 24 hours. That included drawings,color code charts,etc. Its called "controlled documents"

I won't say you need to buy every new edition of your loading manuals.
But the 1980's is a bit old for data. The knowledge of technique and process and safety is good.

A lot of current data is online,for free. Hogdon,for example.

Probably your WalMart will have a current copy of the Hogdon Reloading Annual. Its in magazine format.I like those.
A nice feature in the current Hornady manual is a section on match loadsfor AR type rifles.

I believe if you look in the "Reloading" sticky section,there is a post of links to official sources of online reloading data.

I suggest you keep your manual,but have,and use,alternative current data.

Its always good to compare and check multiple sources. I might use a Nosler bullet manual and a Hogdon powder manual,if I am using those products.

Its easy to note "verified May,2018" in the margin of your manual beside the load you use.
That said,I always find some gold nuggets in a new manual.

Last edited by HiBC; May 16, 2018 at 06:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.02594 seconds with 8 queries