View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Venom1956

Father found some replica BP revolvers.

Hello,

I have a question for you all. Years ago my parents house was partially destroyed by a tornado. So every so often we discover things that have been put somewhere strange from that time. Usually to keep them from water damage since the majority of the house lacked a roof.

Well. My Father apparently had three Replica BP Revolvers that were made in italy that were tossed in a rucksack and sadly forgotten about since then. Pretty amazing since we found them this weekend in the boxes and in shockingly great shape considering. They had most of the packing grease still on them.

From what I can see they were imported by SILE Distributors Inc. out of N.Y.

They are .44 New Model Army, .44 Model 1860 Army, and the last one is similar to the 1860 but the frame is brass and it lacks the smooth edges on the barrel more squared off look. (I'll have to look it up I know I've seen it before but the name escapes me)

So while the blued metal is in pretty much flawless condition the brass has seemed to tarnish over the years much like a penny does. He is interested in cleaning up the brass parts and learning a bit more about them. He doesn't believe they have any collector value so cleaning them up shouldn't be an issue.

If you guys disagree or have any recommendations on what to clean them with please let me know.

I'll get some crappy cell phone pics uploaded when I have a few min to take them.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug

Page generated in 0.02595 seconds with 8 queries