View Single Post
Old August 8, 2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Sevens

Quote:
The major reason folks don't like them (besides plain ole stubborness)
Ha ha, "plain old stubborness" is a wee bit short sighted.

.45 ACP reloadable brass has been around for like 110 years. Did you get that? Over a hundred years before some wank made the first piece of small primer .45 ACP brass.

That's kind of like someone deciding that beginning on Tuesday, August 28th, 2012, that it will now be acceptable to exchange "left" for "right" freely. Anything on the left can now properly be called "right" and anything to the familiar right side will now be properly named as "being on the left" whenever needed.

No, we aren't getting rid of the old terms -- left can still be left and right can still be right, it's just that NOW, some things on the left can be referred to properly and accurately as being on the right, and vice-versa.

Also, the U.S. Government will be introducing a new unit of money called the Gilko. The Gilko will be used in trade much like the dollar is currently used, and will be legal tender for all trade in the United States. Mixing the dollar and the Gilko is possible, but it takes an intense formula of conversion fraught with pitfalls such that it should be avoided whenever possible. Thus, if you find your pocket filled with both Dollars and Gilkos, you should freely spend both or either but it's the safest and smoothest best to use them in entirely separate transactions so as not to attempt to traverse the conversion pitfalls.

We may not see a lot of benefit in the Gilko right now, but be sure that in a hundred years, it will likely be the standard even if more folks tend to have a supply of dollars currently.

Page generated in 0.06983 seconds with 8 queries