Thread: Mugging assault
View Single Post
Old January 9, 2012, 05:05 PM   #23
hangglider

Thank you Skans, MLeake and Kathy--useful suggestions that I can reasonably action on is what I was hoping for.

One other thing: I've spent more than the last 20 years living in "inner city" high crime areas--due mostly to work and/or contractual obligations. I've successfully evaded more than one potential mugging and shooting encounter in that time--so I'm not as naive about this stuff as my first posts might make me out to be.

What I see going on down here in Chattanooga is a game-changer. These gangs are more pervasive in the community (meaning from children to adults) and in some cases connected to larger crime organizations and cartels. Arms, tactics and brazenness of gang related violent crime has escalated to the point where the city (Chattanooga is more of a "big town" than a real city), IMO, does not have either the resources, the will, or the ability to contain the accelerating rate of violent crime. I've seen these guys in action--often in groups of a half dozen or more working fast to beat police response times. All you have to do is read the daily news here to see that they often will shoot without hesitation--in fact predatory sniping is all too common.

I never felt this way even when I lived in downtown Washington DC when it was the murder capital of the USA.

Last edited by hangglider; January 9, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.03060 seconds with 8 queries