View Single Post
Old March 2, 2010, 11:48 PM   #19
hickstick_10

Hey Im just a student and I was a machinist before so i know a tad more about making guns then i do about the forces generated (which amounts to almost none)

My thoughts on this are there is a force generated between the face of the cylinder and the forcing cone face of the barrel.

You know how you have to bolt steam pipes together right? Well see pressure of the steam x cross sectional area of the pipe would create a thrust, that is overcome bolted connection of the flanges.

In the revolvers case you have 2 bores with roughly the same cross sectional area, along with a pressure generated by the explosion, and the only thing that is overcoming the thrust caused by the explosion is the shear strength of that little retaining wedge.

But like i says, im just a student, and I shoot a stainless Ruger Old Army so what I know about open tops amounts to knee high in jack [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color].

Page generated in 0.02068 seconds with 8 queries