View Single Post
Old March 21, 2009, 04:35 PM   #12
rotorhead41486

Give me 100 liberal anti-gunners a day and I will return to you 100 smiling gun-owners angry that they cant find any ammo at walmart.

I had a friend from Ireland visit. She was 34. Never EVER fired a handgun, rifle, shotgun, or even a FIREWORK because the IRA would use the gunpowder to produce explosives. Luckily, it was New Year's Eve and she was visiting me in Texas. She transitioned from "not understanding the concept of firing a handgun wildly and without purpose" to loading her own mags and dumping them just as fast. This was a woman who held the idea that certain firearms, save for rifles and whatnot, were useless and unnecessary. The idea was shed in an hour.

There is an entire spectrum of opinions on firearms, just as there is with any topic. Only those who care enough about something like an assault weapons ban (knock on wood) that dont want it to come to pass care enough to fight it. There are those in the middle of the road who may shoot a handgun a few times in their life and could care less what becomes of OUR hobby and, in many case (including mine) obsession. Its strange how those who live in a such a bubble of security, usually the wealthy in a gated community, are completely opposed to any form of firearm ownership. It's something they have never been exposed to or will have to deal with. But I can also guarantee that as soon as you are pulled from your Mercedes and struck over the head with a saturday-night special, you will begin to reconsider the necessity of what it means to defend yourself.

It amazes the HELL out of me that vice president joe biden *spits* is a competitive and very active trap and skeet sportsman and was the original drafter of the first assault weapons ban. Its basically a "as long as I can keep mine, I dont care what happens to those scary black rifles, only the military and the police should have them". The armed citizen is the premier form of law enforcement, crime deterrence, and personal protection.

It scares me at times to think about where we're going. Ignorance, it seems, prevails...

Now I'm all fired up....damnit

- jb -

Page generated in 0.02187 seconds with 8 queries