View Single Post
Old October 16, 2008, 08:37 AM   #22
zeeshan

answers

Quote:
Zeeshan, Id like to ask a few questions after my comment. As someone else posted id have one of each and the 12 ga would be my preferred tool for home protection.

How available are arms to the public over there? I know AKs are plenty, what other types of arms are available ?
Are their any regulations for owning/carrying weapons there?
In USD what does a typical AK cost over there? How much is 7.62 ammo?
What is the Pakistan peoples take on the war going on over there, do they view it as positive for them, or as bad for them?
What is their view of the USA overall? Whats the average income there and what are the main occupations ?
1. they are not easily available. in fact its really really hard to get authorization from government for keeping any rifle other than.22 calibre. one can get authorization/licence for handguns easily though.
2. AKs are plenty but , once again bad guys have easy access rather than law abiding citizens like me, who need licences from government( i know its ironic).
3. cost of low quality basic ak is around 1250 us dollars. but one needs to spend about twice the cost for acquiring the licensce first. the cost one round is about 50 cents.

4.pakistanis are peace loving people and they consider war as the last option. pakistanis are being dragged into war by foreigners.pakistanis love there country and civilians might take arms against foreign intruders like taliban from afghanistan and alqaeda etc. but once again they just want peace.nearly all of pakistanis are scared/horrified and mentally distrubbed because of the war. no pakistani wants to take one the war but they will if they are put into the situation but its a really bad thing for them.

5. i know it might be hard for you and other members to believe what i am about to say but more than 90 percent pakistanis like usa. pre 911 , usa was one of the most liked and idealised nation by pakistanis.
preamptive attack on iraq for WMDs caused lot of resentment. i honestly believe liberation part of the offensive was true . saddam was a cruel dictator but i failed to understand why usa lied about wmds? liberation of people was good enough cause. they ruined there case themselves. anyways, majority of iraqis feel liberated and if usa pulls out smoothly, they will be thankful. when iraqis are happy with usa then there is no point for pakistanis for any resentment.

attack on afghanistan was well justified by usa. but why usa dragged pakistan into the war? it was not fair. anyways, i fail to understand how come a might us army cant control flow of militants on afghan and pakistan border? we pakistanis have always been allies with usa in all history. we helped usa defeat ussr in afghanistan and were deserted by usa. we took care of afghan refugees for years and years even though we are poor nation.most of talibans are descendants of those afghan refugees. pakistan was a poor nation , hence couldnt educate the refugees or rehabilitate them properly ,so they joined alqaeda. only if usa had helped pakistan rehabilitate them, things could have been far better today. anyways, usa citizens should not totally rely on ther government policies and take personal intrest in paakistan matters. believe me the actuall picture is quite dufferent from whats shown on media. NO pakistani hates usa citizens period! but the usa government and citizens need to differentiate between a friend and a foe . please raise voice to your elected memebers to stop haraassing pakistan by blaming pakistan for doing less. we have done more than our capacity .please understand that pakista army is not fighting just american war , it is also fightng for pakistan . terrorism is as bigger threat to pakistan as it to usa. please help us not dictate us . things could get much better if usa does one thing , that is movement of afghans into pakistan from afghanistan. we can take care of our problems but just seal the border and dont bomb pakistani soil because it will only create resentment against usa .
secondly, please open trade with pakistan as we are in worst ecnomic crunch.

i dont have stats for average income or main occupation but pakistann is a poor country

Page generated in 0.02370 seconds with 8 queries