View Single Post
Old August 9, 2007, 08:13 AM   #4
Samurai

Wild,

First, ... Man! You've lead a pretty crazy life! Where did you go to law school? When?

Second, I had actually heard the exact opposite. Anatomically speaking, the muscles in most people's arms are stronger on the inside of the arm than on the outside (biceps stronger than triceps, inside of the elbow stronger than the outside, etc...) My martial arts instructor (former army drill sergeant, former army shooting team) says that, when facing a right handed attacker, you move to your left. If you move to your left, the attacker will have to track to his right. The idea is, he will have to use the weaker muscles in his arm to swing his right arm out to the right, and therefore, he will be unable to track you as quickly or accurately. If you move to your right, the attacker merely has to "hug" his arm toward his body to track your to his left.

Thoughts on this? Perhaps this is all just too academic?

p.s. - All my shots go left. Even when I shoot my 1911. I have some pretty big hands, though.

- Why is it that we fire 1,000 rounds and know that we need more practice, but yet we punch a bag 10 times and think we know how to fight?

- When in doubt, train, train, train...

Page generated in 0.02558 seconds with 8 queries