View Single Post
Old September 10, 1999, 04:53 AM   #18
Long Path

You know, Art, the boots may be the most important part of the hunt. Mine pooted out on me, and likewise my second pair. Dad's soaked through up there, and as he was wearing Irish Setters (TX bird hunting boot) in calf-deep snow on a 10 degree hunt, he got a little touch of frostbite. (shudder) You know, the funny thing is, Dad now has some of the nicest boots I've seen of late! They're lined with Gore-Tex and have some umpteen grams of Thinsulate in 'em. Even though he's usually in TX, he seems ever so much happier for them, and the price was less than $200 from Cabellas. When you can buy such comfort guaranteed for so relatively little, that's a bargain. Wish to Gawd that Cabella's sold footgear in Size 18! I have to use a pair of low-quarter Timberlands, lotsa wool sock, and gators. No other choice, so far. (Would y'all just grow up and get some feet? )

BTW, after two elk hunts in CO, I'm in LOVE with Gore-Tex! I'm also mighty fond of my stainless rifle, now. Roger the misery in Paradise.

Wish I was going.

Page generated in 0.03652 seconds with 8 queries