View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 09:24 AM   #12
Bill Akins

Quote:
Brian Pflueger wrote:
A double charge of powder doesn't care if you're "just plinking". It will blow your gun to pieces just the same.
Not really Brian. S&W's were proof tested at much higher pressures than that. I doubt a double charge would blow my revolver to pieces even though it's over 90 yrs old. I could tell by shooting that the reloads were pretty low power anyway, so a double charge would be a double charge of a low load.

Still, you and some of the other fellas posting make a good point. I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of whoever loaded them double charging one of them. I was just thinking about all those seven cases needed was resizing and they would fit fine. The possibility of someone double charging didn't enter my mind. And as I said since they were low power loads to begin with and I don't think even a double charge of them would blow my revolver up,....still,....no sense in taking chances if I don't have to.

I've got an RCBS kinetic bullet puller and I guess it couldn't hurt to pull the bullets from the box of remaining cases I have and resize and reload them all.
Just a little trouble no biggie. So that's what I'll do. I've got a lot of saved up .38 special brass I need to reload anyway so this is a good excuse to get to it .

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; October 30, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.02148 seconds with 8 queries