View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 08:20 AM   #7
bedbugbilly

I'll echo what Hawg said. I only shoot what I reload . . . not to say that a squib can't happen as it can but at least if it does . . . I only have myself to blame. Shooting someone else's reloads . . . you have no knowledge of what is really in them . . . regardless of who did them. Unless you measure the slug, you have no idea of what the tolerances are and if they are suitable for the bore of the pistol you are using them in. Yea, they may fit in the cylinder but if the bore is on the lower side and the bullet is on the upper side - it's harder to get it down the barrel even if it's soft lead and even more prone to problems if loaded on the lighter side. I have a 1905 4th channel like yours only it is the Target Model and a great shooter. The barrel on it is on the "tighter" side so I size everything that goes through it even though a round that has a unsized lead slug, straight from the mold bullet will chamber.

Glad you caught the squib and no damage was done. That Smith is too pretty to have anything happen to it!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02487 seconds with 8 queries