View Single Post
Old September 11, 2007, 07:14 AM   #194
JoeBlackSpade

Here's my 2-cents:

If I sense that an intruder is in my home:

A.) Wife, get on the phone, call 911, stay on the line until the threat is clear. I hand her a Beretta with a mag full of Corbon and one in the chamber.

B.) I have a split-floor-plan so I'm grabbing my weapon (which, incidentally is a Mossberg 500 loaded with slugs) coming out at the ready, with the weapon off safe. I'm coming through the doorway fast, and moving into the main living area.

C.) My house is lit with small night lights. The result is that you can't really stand in too many places in my living room without being clearly silhouetted by those lights. A silhouette is enough for me to tell the difference between my 5-year old, and a 20-something who's broken in. With my shotgun at the ready, I'm confronting any intruder with a loud, powerful "HALT GET DOWN ON THE GROUND NOW". Any movement towards me, he gets a slug. A dash for the front door, he goes free. From there, I stay tactical, and enter my kids rooms. I tell them to get down under the bed and don't move a muscle. I stay with them until the police arrive. My wife is armed, hunkered down with the phone, and my kids are secure with me. Everyone is laying low until police arrive.

In 100% of cases where someone is kicking my door down, they're getting a slug. Granted, they'll hear "STOP, I'M GOING TO SHOOT!", just before they come through, however, if they manage to break through, they're done. No halt, no "freeze", nothing. The warning has been given, and they've just breeched my door. I have nothing to indicate that they were a lost camper, seeking directions. Those types use doorbells. I've seen other cases like this, and they've been justified.

Page generated in 0.02999 seconds with 8 queries