View Single Post
Old May 12, 2011, 07:58 AM   #68
Daryl

I'm sorta picky on Glocks, perhaps, but I've tried just enough to know what I like and don't like.

Started with a baby Glock (G27), but didn't like the short grip much, and for it's small size, it was still thick enough to make it tough for very discrete carry. Traded it off for a S&W J-frame several years ago.

Later I tried a gen 2 G20 that I bought from a friend. Great gun, but a little too big for my medium paws. Sold that one to another buddy who has huge hands, and he loves it.

Then when I'd about given up on Glocks, I tried a gen3 G23. The gun fits my hand like it was custom made for it, and points as naturally as a finger. This one I carry often, and it's doubtful that I'll ever sell or trade it off. Yes, it's still just as thick, and therfore as hard to hide as the G27, but I still have the J-frame to cover that need. The 23 is easy enough to hide with a cover garment, and fits my hand far better than the short grip on the 27.

So I'd probably own/carry any of the "compact" models without much complaint. I prefer the .40S&W over the 9mm or .357 sig though, and methinks the G29 may have a grip diameter similar to the G20. If so, I'm not really interested in it.

Daryl

Page generated in 0.03298 seconds with 8 queries