View Single Post
Old July 18, 2018, 03:51 PM   #21
stagpanther

Mine came in today--when I first opened the shipping box I was immediately impressed by the slick packaging of the trigger--A packaged thong from Victoria's Secret would be hard pressed to compare.

Parts are very well made--I like the extra width of contact surfaces and the fact that LaRue has thoughtfully included the trigger and hammer pins--in addition to a heavier trigger spring should you want more pull to get the break.

I decided to give it the "acid test" and swap out the adjustable JP trigger on my 224 valk build which is a single stage presently conservatively set at 4lbs pull.

LaRue says that their trigger has a 2.5 lb first stage and 2 lb second--my measurements seem to indicate the opposite--more like 2 lb first and an additional 2.5 lb second to break. This probably doesn't mean much in the bigger scheme of things--though my purely subjective preference is that a good two stage has a noticeably defined build-up in pressure to the wall of the second stage break--and getting that break with just a slight extra pull minimizing any induced movement by the shooter. Otherwise the first stage to me feels just like a smooth take-up to break in a good single stage trigger.

Haven't fired it yet--so my impressions may change. A Geissele or CMC it's not. based on first impressions--but at it's price point definitely well-worth it (assuming it works for live fire, which I'm sure it will).

Page generated in 0.03000 seconds with 8 queries