View Single Post
Old August 11, 2017, 10:52 AM   #16
Adizzle19

I have made my gallant return. One of the reasons I was drawn to the conversion kit is that I have a polymer lower built and ready to rock already. I don't really want to subject it to center fire cartridges all the time and risk breaking it. Believe it or not I could probably sell it for $500 or so in MA with some of the legal bs that's gone down here in the last year.

On top of that, I found a cmmg kit for $180 shipped with 3 mags. Just seemed like a reasonable way to get a little bit more out of the equipment I already have at a reasonable price. It makes absolute sense that a dedicated .22 upper or rifle would do a better job, but realistically this is a plinker and as long as I can get "shoot garbage I throw out on the berm" type accuracy for a conversion, I'd be happy. As for stoppages, I would probably be satisfied if I had a failure or two every 50-100 rounds of meh ammo.

So if anyone has any experiences based on a kit they own or a lead on a cheapo upper, would be much appreciated.

As an aside, I have a 10/22 that is dead on reliable, with many thousands of rounds through it and only a handful of failures. If I really needed a .22 (for some reason) that's the one I would grab.

Page generated in 0.04523 seconds with 8 queries