Thread: Best Full Auto
View Single Post
Old June 12, 1999, 07:54 AM   #25
Kodiac

Blades - You musta been a service member of some sorts...

US ARMY over here... I packed the HOG aka M-60 over the river and through the woods many, many a time. When I was handed a M-249 SAW - SON! REVELATION! TRUE LOVE! It was more reliable, you could carry it further easier, and with more ammo... To me - NOTHING beats it... Yeah, the 60 hits harder - but the SAW lets you hit MORE OFTEN - with its better reliability and greater cyclic rate. (Well, at least the version I had, back when it was new - could fire up to 1100 RPM!!!! 1100!!!!) I understand that they have castrated the poor thing and it fires at only 800 RPM.

The HK MG - never fired it, so I dont know about it.

The MK-19... Beautiful. I understand HK also makes this type of system, but again - I have never seen it in person... only pictures. 40MM Grenades launched from a fully automatic, belt-fed weapon. Can you say "FUN AT PARTIES" ?

The Avenger Cannon in the A-10 is indeed the sweetest gun the US has... but you cant call that thing "Small Arms" Can you?

Think of this - Take an M-1, pull out the 120MM and put in 2 Avenger Cannons mounting on either side of the turret ZSU style... KILLER!

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Page generated in 0.03012 seconds with 8 queries