View Single Post
Old August 18, 2012, 11:35 PM   #51
lylemsharp

CCW and showing a carried weapon...

I frequently find myself in positions with friends and family who know I am CCW and carrying and want to see what I am carrying. Most days, it is a semi-auto handgun with a firing pin safety and one is in the chamber. Showing it means drawing, dropping the magazine, opening the breach, locking it open, and catching the formerly chambered round before handing the freshly unloaded weapon over for inspection all while pointing in a safe direction. Once show and tell is over I have to insert the magazine, chamber a round, engage the safety, drop the magazine, reload the extra round, reinsert the magazine, while pointing in a safe direction and re-holster my weapon. This is a painfully safe process that I am growing tired of. Would it be rude to tell people I know that I'd rather not empty my weapon and hand it to them? I'm not afraid they'll take my weapon and shoot me with it or anything and I don't feel naked without it, I just don't hand loaded weapons to anyone because that was how I was trained and I am tired of properly preparing it for others to look at. Any thoughts?

Page generated in 0.02847 seconds with 8 queries