View Single Post
Old July 21, 2014, 09:51 AM   #22
Barnacle Brad

Quote:
Could this be an argument against using head/neck shots to kill the game?
I think it is an excellent argument not to use your local game processor and throw away that band saw used to slice steaks (yuk).

It seems to me that when processing my own game, the carcass provides an effective means of removing surface gunk. By that I mean, once skinned and hung for a few days, the surface of the meat dries and with good technique can be removed from the primals and yield nice clean meat.

And sure, many people use a vinegar solution to cleanse their meat and I hear people say they hose down carcasses with the garden hose. I don't cotton to latter technique - it seems to me that by hosing down a carcass, one simply spreads any surface contaminants to other uncontaminated parts. Makes no sense to me....

When we are talking about fluids and brain matter, these materials are not going to be absorbed into the meat underlying the surface tissue.

Shoot heads and necks, nix the processor, bone out your meat, don't eat it raw and don't give raw bones or meat to your dogs either.

Page generated in 0.02020 seconds with 8 queries