View Single Post
Old June 27, 2013, 11:37 AM   #17
jmr40

Quote:
This post is slanted as you can tell. I only own Savages and I have 9 of them now. They will out shoot almost everything out there and match the rest hole for hole.
I'm not being critical, everyone has a different perspective on what is important. But 9 cheap rifles just doesn't do anything for me. The Axis is $277 here, a Savage can go anywhere from $350-$650 depeiding. You're looking at close to $3000 in cheap rifles with very poor resale value. And another $1500-$2000 in cheap mounts and glass to go on them.

I ended up with a safe full of guns a few years ago. Mostly Rugers, Remingtons and Winchesters that I bought used. I took several to a LGS and sold them on consignment, all for more than I paid. 2 months later I walked out with a new Kimber and close to $2000 in my pocket. Since then I've been slowly selling off lots of other stuff and either saving the money or upgrading.

I cannot use 9 rifles. I'd rather have 1-2 good ones.

I've owned several Savage rifles in the past. I never found the internet myth about them being any more accurate than anything else to be true. I've found them to equal many more expensive rifles, at least sometimes, but never better. Never owned or shot a Savage that could shoot as well as the Kimber.

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 8 queries