View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 01:38 PM   #75
csmsss

Quote:
Having spent my whole adult life dealing with people who in the area I was in, my Dad's Pub, the Clubs I worked in in Liverpool UK. Working in armed Security here in Orlando (my Sons Company) and in teaching people who carried guns on their persons (job related) for over 20 years.

One thing you get to be good at, is assessing individuals state of mind, using body language, and facial expressions. (I did get stabbed twice) so I was not perfect.

The Officer who first stopped the rifle carrying Citizen, was frightened. I could not see why. And it went down hill quickly.

I am sure there are lots of Police, and Ex Police on this Blog, who would have dealt with this situation with less drama.

Starting with "Good afternoon Sir"
Bingo. When faced with a situation of uncertainty, one can choose to escalate or de-escalate. Not having all the facts, it's impossible to know with certainty, but it appears to me that the officers in this case rapidly escalated the stress levels and turned what might have otherwise been a simple conversation into an arrest.

Page generated in 0.03336 seconds with 8 queries