View Single Post
Old March 2, 2013, 10:20 PM   #73
terzmo

"My son is an LEO and has arrested drug felons as well as other violent felons. He has appeared in court and testified against them, some are in prison for a very long time, others not so long. My feeling is that I want my son to have whatever weapon is necessary to protect himself, his wife and my grand children. I would not want him out gunned by the criminals. Also why disarm him after he has served the public for many years making him an easier target for payback from the felons he protected us from ?
Don't get me wrong, I am as upset and angry as anyone over the NY Safe act and other laws like it, I have and continue to write letters, send emails and make phone calls to let my representatives know how I feel and who will and won't get my vote for re election. "

I understand the above position, being a Father, also retired military, but in most circumstances, the police are responding after the fact. And when they do get active, they respond in numbers, have swat teams, negotiators, other special units and the "every day LEO is mostly backup,crowd control or traffic.

We, on the otherhand, in a situation, it's US as in singular. I'm not saying anything to lower the value of any LEO, or simplify their duties but "WE" are mostly defending ourselves alone. And "WE" don't have kevlar and bullet resistent vests.

I believe in equal armament as to say if "WE" can't have semi automatic weopons and large magazines, why should "they" or anyone else in a domestic setting.

The "safe act" was a knee jerk oportunity for a shot at the fast track to the presidency. It is not "common sense" as the dictator states.

All the mass shootings are horrible. But so is the manner the president used with live children to support his values. The anti gunners are fueled by mass murders but fail to acknowlege that law abiding sane citizens who are following current restrictive laws, are not involved but the proposed legislation,and current, mostly affects the sane,law abiding citizen.

Change the laws that upon a pat down, if an illegal weopon is found..5 years minimum with no parole. 10 years minimum for a crime with a weopon..no parole...20 years to life if injury or death....no parole....no exceptions.
Get the illegal people off the streets. Leave the sane,law abiding citizen alone.

Page generated in 0.03390 seconds with 8 queries