View Single Post
Old November 1, 2012, 09:18 PM   #19
jepp2

I have one and really enjoy shooting it. Most folks shoot factory carbine ammo and thus the flash and blast. Just too much slow burning powder to burn in 7.5 inches of barrel.

If you are finding your brass sticking in the chamber, it just means your pressures are high.

I used to load 110 gr. soft points driven by H110 powder. But since the bullets are expensive, I switched over to lead. I have lots of data on lead loads that use mid burn rate handgun powders. It is a joy to shoot and extremely accurate. I did have to open the throats up. I also smoothed the action and took some of the travel out of the trigger take up. It is my favorite new model Blackhawk.

If you handload, pay attention to case length. Since it headspaces off the mouth of the case, you need to keep the length within the specs. Otherwise you can have misfires if the cases are short, or if they are long it can cause the cylinder to hang up during rotation. And make sure your crimp only closes the flare.

Some folks use 32-20 brass in them. You just need to trim them for the first firing.

Page generated in 0.03252 seconds with 8 queries