View Single Post
Old October 27, 2012, 10:30 AM   #38
Mystro

I am a country boy living on top of a mountain. My hostile situation is when I have to venture into a certain part of a local city where confrontation is statistically more of a possibility. If I "know" there is a higher threat of danger around my property, my handgun is secondary and always go for the shotgun or AR. A very rare occurrence happened a few years ago when a dangerous convict escaped and made his way 20 miles through the rural countryside. He broke into a trailer a few miles down the hill and tried to take a elderly couple hostages. My neighbor and shooting buddy (a local SWAT officer) called me around 2am and told me to be prepared to watch your large wooded property. I grabbed the spot lights, 300win mag, shotgun and sidearm. (I am always prepared anyway) my wife grabbed her HK and was on alert.
When the chopper with spotlight showed up hovering the area around 2:30am. The State Police chopper pilot knew us both because he landed in my fields several times over the years. We both were on full alert/duty around our properties. The convict was caught days later after he stole a car.
That was what I would consider a potential hostile environment.

Last edited by Mystro; October 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.03137 seconds with 8 queries