View Single Post
Old July 23, 2009, 06:02 AM   #1
omkhan

Defense against LEO(s)

I was browsing through websites and came across this item:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/51...tml?page=1&c=y

Quote:
Lawless was standing at the counter of the store, at Comly Road and Roosevelt Boulevard, smiling and chatting with the clerk, when she was grabbed from behind and violently pushed back with a police officer's gun in her face.

"He hit me with his left hand, and he had his gun in his right hand," Lawless said. "He pushed his gun into the left side of my neck. It caused a scrape-type bruise on my neck."

After a chaotic struggle, Lawless was arrested and charged with assaulting the officer.

Lawless and her three friends, all in their early 20s, filed complaints with the Police Department's Internal Affairs Bureau. But in cases in which it's a defendant's word against a police officer's, the benefit of doubt often falls to the cop.

Except when there's video.
Which got me thinking that what defense do a civilan has if a uniformed person starts a confrontation unprovoked and without any misconduct on the part of the civilian, threatening with a deadly weapon etc. Can deadly force be used against such LEO considering the fact that a deadly weapon is present and being used in a threatened matter? You never know whether the LEO is bluffing or is serious in doing you harm? What would be the legal issues attached with such scenario?

Lets hear your comments and advises.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.02520 seconds with 8 queries