View Single Post
Old July 3, 2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Throne Raider

Unintended Consequences

New guy here with a twist to throw into the discussion. I'm recently retired LE who made a few enemies on the job and CC for, among other reasons, specific threats on my life. I carry a Glock 27 at all times. Here's the twist. I often travel with wife and two daughters, all of whom know I carry and are ALL reasonably competent with MY Glock in case I become incapacitated and they need help! How many on here are depending solely on themselves to handle the emergency? If you engage and possibly promote a further threat to yourself, you're also promoting that threat on your loved ones. You better make damn sure that they are okay with this, selfish not to think otherwise, and if so, can they protect themselves if you're down? Food for thought. Involving yourself in a scenario where you'd be a better witness than a participant is something to consider.

Along the same vein, if my rotweiler security fails me at home, I have made sure that my wife and kids know the location of stash guns and how to use them. So this 3rd of July, in celebration of our great country's roots, my daughters and I spent time on our private range (I'm lucky and get to caretake 300 acres adjacent to me) going through my three Smiths, a Sig, a Glock and last but not least, my saddle gun 30-30, to make sure they're "qualified" for the quarter.

I tend to be long winded, forgive me, but how many on here involve their loved ones in a "family that trains together" lives to vote in another election.

Sincerely,

Throne Raider

Page generated in 0.03035 seconds with 8 queries