View Single Post
Old December 17, 2006, 12:07 PM   #42
johnbt

I don't see what all the controversy is. What I'm thinking is a bit harsher than that, but this is THR after all.

The visually impaired or stone-cold-can't-see-daylight blind hunter is using a person as a spotter. The new law simply allows the use of a gizmo to make it easier for the spotter to assist in lining up the shot. What's the big deal? It's been legal for years. Ever heard of it being a problem? No?

They're blind, not stupid. They know what they can do safely. I worry more about the so-called normal folks who are fearless slob hunters. The fields and woods are full of them. And the roads - road hunters.

One more time, the visually impaired can already legally hunt. In Virginia they don't even need a license to hunt on their own property.

"Resident or non-resident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner's parents, resident or non-resident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish within the boundaries of their own lands and inland waters."

Some of you folks act like you've never known a person with a visual impairment or any sort of serious physical limitation. The worst disability is a closed mind.

John

Page generated in 0.02327 seconds with 8 queries