View Single Post
Old July 28, 1999, 07:26 PM   #19
JJR

Yeah, I think I got a lemon.

Mine rattled like a length of chain after the first 50 rounds or so. I'm very new to 1911's so everything's a surprise to me. Some old timers told me they were supposed to rattle like that so I ignored it.

I bought it on a whim and I'm glad I did. I've always avoided 1911's because of the single action. I just can't get comfortable with "cocked & locked" carry. But because of the 1991 I bought, (or despite it) I've really come to appreciate the design. From now on there will always be at least one in my safe.

I'm kinda quircky about guns. Once they start to go south I can never feel like I can trust them again. Once I get that way, they're just no fun anymore. I know the repairs my gunsmith made will probably last for a hundred years, but I'll always be wondering "what's next?". I've only put about 200 rounds through my new kimber but I've been thrilled so far. Much more accurate, not one single failure to feed, and no flying parts (so far). Maybe someday I'll be able to trust myself with it enough to carry it.

Now that I've got a book, I think I'd like to try to build one myself one of these days. I'm sure I'll be pestering everyone here for some advise. (By the way, I bought the 1991 new for $300... I sold it used for $450. Go figure.)

Page generated in 0.01922 seconds with 8 queries