Thread: Knife Attacks
View Single Post
Old October 23, 2019, 03:56 PM   #34
Hanshi

I'm not much of a knife person but have trained with them for many years, both as an LEO and martial artist. True; one usually doesn't even become aware of a knife until after the confrontation. A couple of officers were responding to a call at a dive where a guy had hit another with a beer bottle. The subdued the troublemaker and finally cuffed him. When they got him outside to the patrol car, one of the LEO had the bottom half of his tie fall off. The unseen knife took his tie and cut the shirt but fortunately missed the skin.

I always taught that the first thing is to always be aware of one's surroundings and visualize any possible attacks. Second, always keep others far enough from them so that in order for them to touch you they will have to take a step forward. Three, if a knife attack is a possibility the gun should already be in the hand. I typically carry two knives on me most all the time. I do walk with a cane outside of my home and am trained to use it as a weapon. The big takeaway from this is to be aware of what or whom happens to be near you.

Page generated in 0.02410 seconds with 8 queries