View Single Post
Old April 27, 2010, 05:14 AM   #11
publius42

LOL! I grew up in Coral Gables. They have rules about the color you can paint the INSIDE of your house, and they have bureaucrats in little trucks who actually go around and enforce these rules. The idea of an indoor range in a home in Coral Gables is hilarious to me, just thinking of the reactions of the guys in the trucks. My feeling is, if you live in the Gables you should go someplace else to shoot. However...

In the "stupid teenager tricks" category, a buddy and I once fired his dad's lever action 30-30 into their swimming pool in Coral Gables.

Now I live in a rural part of Charlotte county that is getting less and less rural every year. A couple of weeks ago, my neighbors were down at the creek shooting, and someone from a community about a mile away called the police. A Sheriff's deputy showed up and told them they could not shoot there. My neighbor said he was wrong, and they could and would continue to shoot there. Eventually the deputy agreed, asked them to keep it brief, and left.

They were shooting a 30.06, AR-15, and smaller rifles from an elevated position at a target set down in the swamp, so the chances of a round leaving the property were remote at best. Also, my neighbor's father lives in the community down the creek, and his house would actually be the likeliest candidate to take a stray round, if one left.

I still shoot out here, but I am starting to think that it's getting too crowded to shoot something as big as the 30.06 without putting in an earth berm.

Page generated in 0.02732 seconds with 8 queries