View Single Post
Old August 17, 2007, 10:14 PM   #33
mountainclmbr

I have several revolvers that I have had for years. I don't plan to get rid of them especially since my wife can't operate the slide on any of my semi-autos.

My awareness of available rounds and stopping power happened about 20 years ago in Florida. I went to the ATM at mid afternoon on Sunday before going to the grocery store. I pulled into the bank parking lot and went to the ATM. I was carrying a Colt Pocket Pony Lite .380 with 5 rnd magazine and one in the chamber and carried in right front pocket. I had just entered PIN and amount when a car from the adjacent gas station pulled up directly behind me in the handicapped parking. There were 5 or maybe 6 gang-looking youths that I could hear arguing about who was goi'n to get me. I had only 6 rounds of .380.

I grabbed my money and ATM card and ran back to my car. I had a Glock 30 in the glove compartment and before I had it out the Gang Bangers were screeching out of the parking lot.

I currently carry semi-autos with spare magazines, and in a caliber that ends in 4. But in the house I keep revolvers that myself and my wife can both operate.

Page generated in 0.03597 seconds with 8 queries