View Single Post
Old June 6, 2006, 06:55 PM   #2
WhiteFeather93

Well this is going to depend on a lot of factors. $$$$ being the biggest. You can almost any rifle fitted with a decent muzzle brake and they can vary in how greatly they can cut back on recoil. Also depending on where you are from, are you looking at a bolt gun or do they allow semi? Hunting somthing like an Elk requires a enough punch and penitration to properly kill the animal. On the light scale you could look to a .270 or 7mm-08. But I wouldn't venture farther down the line than that. Remington and I believe Winchester are both offering Recoil reducing loads, and they are available in many different cals. So you may want to check out them. But thats about all I can think of. Coming from my own experiences when I'm hunting deer and such I don't notice the recoil. I sight it exhale and wait to see it drop in my sights. I don't recall feeling the rifle kick once.

Page generated in 0.02478 seconds with 8 queries