Thread: almost got shot
View Single Post
Old September 22, 2000, 12:33 PM   #20
posigian

Yes, public land can be unsafe! This is why I am a firm believer in policing our own and why I now have no one to hunt with. The few people I have hunted with over the years felt it was ok to kill little birds, take geese out of season, and shot at trees for no reason. I spoke my piece that led them to not hunt with me no more. But that is ok because I don’t like stupid people and if I see you screwing off in my neck of the woods with a firearm you will hear about it. I take firearm safety & respect for the wild seriously.

I had a guy who was about 20 years old or so shot at my friend from 150 yards across the field onto our property. First he had no reason to be shooting onto my property. Second, how hard is it to see a man in an orange jump suit especially when he knew we were hunting in that area. After the shot when off and hit the tree next to friend, he jumped up and shouted at the guy, we then walked up to him, took his gun from him, and turned over to his Dad. Now I probably wouldn’t be so gutsy with someone I don’t know but I will speak my piece and if the offense is too bad I will and have called for a Game Warden.

Stupid people get no play time in my woods!

------------------
Posigian
[email protected]
I AM THE NRA

Page generated in 0.02315 seconds with 8 queries