View Single Post
Old November 6, 2013, 07:57 AM   #76
vito

I think it is too much ammo when it becomes likely that you will die before using what you have and there is no one to leave it to.

The shortages of the last year or two have changed the entire perspective many of us have about how much is enough. I used to feel OK with a brick of 500 22LR, and only when that box was almost empty would I stop at the store and buy another brick. For awhile now I have gotten into the habit of always asking about 22LR when at the gun store and buying whenever they have any. I happened to count up my stockpile last night, after shooting about 200 rounds at the range. I found I still have almost 3,000 rounds on the shelf. Now that 22LR is becoming accessible again, I plan of not buying until I drop below 1,000 rounds.

For the other four calibers of hand gun that I shoot, I probably have about 500 to 600 rounds on hand for each caliber, and even with the shortages that is enough to let me sleep comfortably at night.

I think that the way things are moving, ammo shortages will soon be a thing of the past and most shooters will no longer even think about stockpiling ammo but will feel confident enough to just buy what they plan on shooting for the day and not worrying further about it.

Page generated in 0.02415 seconds with 8 queries