Thread: Lead alert!
View Single Post
Old April 25, 2013, 09:05 PM   #1
BerdanSS

Lead alert!

Just though I'd share this. A good friend and hunting buddy of mine and I have been doing serious talking about casting our own round balls, bullets and cheap practice sabots out of a heaping bucket of tractor wheel weight I got a few weeks ago.....Then this happened.

My buddy called me this afternoon while I was at work, to tell me he had been given the chance to rummage through and old garage that is being cleaned out to be rented. He was told to take anything he wanted but was limited to one load in his little ranger.

He apparently found an old 40 gal cooler in the back under a pile of junk. When he flipped the lid open, inside was packed full to the top with BARS OF PURE LEAD He just called to tell me he weighed 10-12 of 22-25 bars and they all were exactly 10.5 pounds each Looks like we need to find some melting equipment and molds quick.

I couldn't believe it. We have been talking for weeks about lead prices and a good source to get some. These were completely free, minus the cost of gas to drive 7 miles each way to get them.

Page generated in 0.03834 seconds with 8 queries