View Single Post
Old February 2, 2012, 05:34 PM   #1
mikedowd

Mystery about a 1918 Luger

I need some help with a luger I won playing poker. It is a luger 9mm made by DWM. It has the 6 inch navy barrel on it and has 1918 stamped on top. The part # under the barrel is 6872 and under that # looks like a cursive letter "L". It has 4 proof marks (three with crowns on top) on the right side of the receiver and on the left side of the receiver it says 4950. The barel has a small 18 on the bottom and above the trigger are two 72's which match the main part #. The rear sight has a 33 on it. The top piece, that has DWM on it, has a letter "N" with a crown on top proof mark on the side. The gun functions perfectly with no jams in 50 shots. It does not have orginal walnut grips but it has ivory grips instead.
My question is, what kind of luger do I have here. Is it one made right after WWI with miss mached parts left in piles at the end of the war? Is that part number a replica with some war time and some between wars parts? What is the value? Can anyone answer this mystery? Any information with be praised.

Page generated in 0.03908 seconds with 8 queries