View Single Post
Old August 21, 2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Assuming I have everything needed for smokeless reloading, is there anything I need other than a blackpowder powder measure and drop tube? How important is the drop tube? Any preferences as to which brand of powder measure? I was looking at those from Lyman, RCBS and Hornady at Midway. The rest of my equipment is RCBS green.
You don't need anything else. BP measure is nice; but not required. Drop tube isnt necessary for pistol caliber cartridges, or for single shot rifle cartridges for that matter, unless you're going to shoot BPCR or silhouette matches.

I load BP and subs using my Hornady L-N-L for 44-40, 45 Colt and 45-70 using the normal Hornady powder measure (loaded 100 45-70s today for use in Plainsman matches). I use a Hornady BP measure for my shotgun shells cause the Lee Loader II doesn't meter very well and there isnt a charge bar insert big enough.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.03642 seconds with 8 queries