View Single Post
Old March 27, 2006, 06:05 PM   #1
mordis

My recent experiance.

Ok. im going to preface this, by saying that im posting this here so i can get tips on what to do next time, and or any advice i can get.

First a little background on me, i was a 7 year boyscout(from a young age) shooting rifles/shotguns/blackpowder. I have been shooting handguns for about 4.5 years. I practice alot with my father inlaw at his private out door range. Im currently 24.5 years old. Current carry piece, 9mm g17 unknown generation, i bought it used from gander mountain, it does not have a light rail.

Now that you know me, let me tell you what happend to me recently.

It was about 3.00 am in the morninig, i was sound asleep, and something pulled me from the depths of sleep. not sure what, but im normaly a light sleeper. What drew me awake was a loud clicking noise, similar to that of a hammer being cocked on a revolver, well, when i heard that sound, the first thing that entered my mind was "oh **** theres someone in here." i distintly remember every little detail of what was in my mind, the strange indescribably feeling in my chest that one feels when you go from sleep to extremely terrified for your life. Well. i rolled over and reached in my night stand and pulled out my g17 and readied it in the general direction of the noise. I told my wife to get on the floor next to the bed. It was at this time, what felt like a eternity what was probably only like 30+seconds i noticed that the room was clear, so i checked the other rooms of my apartment and found no one, everything was clear, the windows shut, doors shut and locked. Now my wife is behind me laughing saying everything was fine, and that the source of the click was a old fan on my dressure that i leave on at nights, shorting out. it randomly turns off and back on, its old, and i plan on buying anew one.

Now my question is, did i react in a good way, it could have very well been someone in my home, this incident has prompted me to get a newer glock with a light rail so i can put a tac light on it for bedside purposes. When i heard that click i seriously felt me and my wife were in imminent peril, it was dark, i had my eyes closed and then out of no where a loud click, I feel i may have made some kind of mistake but at the time, i was seriously terrified for our lives. A friend of mine who was in combat over seas said that feeling i had is what every solider who has ever been in combat has felt, and that i reacted correctly, but i still feel like i did something wrong.

I can take constructive criticism, but plz be kind and remember at that moment with my heart pounding i was absolutly terrified and made the best decision i thought at that moment.

thanks for the input and sorry for the long post.

Page generated in 0.02232 seconds with 8 queries