View Single Post
Old August 14, 2013, 03:34 AM   #15
mmccall60

Thanks!

Thanks guys for the advice. The panels slide off as described by Stafer Gott.

Quentin2, Glad to see another Colt M4.22 owner on here. Even though 22 ammo is in critical shortages in my area, I did manage to find 100 rds of ammo and guess what kind ... yep, you guessed it! Federal Premium Gold Metal Target. LOL I assume that is the same ammo you mentioned you had trouble with.

Several years ago, I did own a Beowulf AR .50 cal. which I got in a trade for my 1986 Honda 600XR trail bike. The Beowulf came with no iron or optic sights. The quad rail forearm did not have panels so holding the rifle was painful with those sharp rail edges. The only thing that came with the rifle was 350 rds of ammo in various bullet weights and designs. At the time, I had no interest in the rifle and within a few weeks sold it when a fellow made an offer that I could not refuse. I should have kept it but at the time it seemed like the thing to do. Hind sight is 20/20 and foresight is damn near blind.

I am no novice to firearms. My gun interest was in older firearms of WWII era and back. Including some Class III weapons and civil war black-powder muzzle-loaders like the Enfield .68 cal. And I reloaded for most of the guns I owned at that time. Sadly, circumstances and fortunes change that force men to give up things they enjoy as in my case. Cancer being the latest circumstance. But I am on the road to recovery and may go back to work soon. - Have a good day!

Page generated in 0.04911 seconds with 8 queries