View Single Post
Old January 22, 2013, 11:36 AM   #8
TunnelRat

If the XD feels too Glocky for you take a look at the XDM. Miles ahead in ergos IMO. Plus you can get the XDM compact in your caliber of choice and have a decent carry/range pistol to boot with the two different capacity mags and grip lengths. I loved the XDM I had, thing was a hoot. 19 rds of 9mm make for some grinning mag dumps. Really regret getting rid of it. I also owned an XD45 Compact. Was a good gun, but did feel like a brick in the hand. Was rock solid reliable though and the capacity was impressive.

I've had two M&Ps and sold both. Honestly, I don't regret it. I think they are good service weapons and offer more than Glocks in some areas (mostly fitting the hands of different officers). I see them becoming even more successful with law enforcement. But the stock triggers are dreadful. I did an APEX trigger kit install myself, it's really not too hard, and that is IMO almost a mandatory upgrade for the difference it makes. I don't like their backstrap system. I like a backstrap to essentially make the grip wider front to back. The M&Ps do that, but more so add thickness to the grip. I get the idea is some kind of palm swell, but I just don't care for it.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.03292 seconds with 8 queries