View Single Post
Old April 6, 2016, 11:22 AM   #4
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamBomb
Its the middle of the night and you are awoken by a noise. What's the first thing you do? This happened last night - Both my wife and I were awoken to the sounds of glass clanging (not breaking or anything). I went out and checked right away without bringing my gun....
We had many (often acrimonious) discussions about the inadvisability of going to investigate a noise. For example, see this thread and the threads linked to in post 12.

In general, if there's an intruder, and you go looking for him, you are at a significant tactical disadvantage. You can easily be flanked or ambushed. Sometimes going for a look will be necessary, e.g., if there are family members who need to be accounted for. So we should all get some good training in house clearing so that we know how to go about it if it's unavoidable.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02687 seconds with 8 queries