View Single Post
Old March 1, 2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Lavid2002

I have an old lee-enfield...How can I make sure shes good 2 go?

Old brit. .303 rifle. I see some corrosion inside the bore, looks likt its just on the surface however, no pitting. How can I check to make sure this rifle is good to shoot? Should I get some go/no go gauges?

Edit: Its a lee-enfield :P

2cnd edit...lol
Here are some cool things on this rifle, Ive never seen so much information stamped on a rifle! Ever!! If you know what ANY of this stuff means please let me know im very interested in the history of this bad boy.
*Receiver is marked No. 4 Mk. 1" ....from what I understand this rifle type has been in service since 1941.
*The right side of the muzzle is marked 303 "2.22" 18.5 TONS
*(This I found odd!) The bolt is marked N.67 MKII....now if the receiver says MK 1 why does it have a MKII bolt?
*The top of the stock, has the numbers 8092 stamped in it.
*The stock also had 2 holes in the top of it, maybe someone had a cheek pad on this? The rear aperture is kind of high. And I have to "float" my cheek to get a good view through it.
*The band that goes from the back of the trigger guard to the back of the receiver (on the left) has the markings, M47 1943(Im guessing its from 1943 :P)

Also, this rifle seems different from all the other rifles, I think someone hack and sacked the stock. The forend is all scraped up like someone DIYed it. The stock ends about half way down the stock and there is no barrel shroud.

Last edited by Lavid2002; March 1, 2009 at 09:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.02737 seconds with 8 queries