View Single Post
Old December 15, 2012, 12:21 PM   #1
PH/CIB

Firearms Insurance

I have an excellent alarm system, a great safe, a wonderful dog, and the reassurance of firearms insurance.

I have my firearms insurance through Armed Forces Insurance out of Leavenworth, Kansas, and you do have to be a Veteran to get insurance through them…My firearms insurance is exactly the same as my household insurance, as there is no special rider, no special fees or additional cost and no scheduling of firearms. My firearms are covered under my personal property along with everything else in my house, for example my dwelling or house is covered by $210,000 and my personal property in the house is covered $210,000 and my annual premium is $731. Now my gun collection is worth nowhere near $210,000, however if it were it would be covered for that amount. Realize also that if someone were to steal everything in the house or a fire or wind destroy everything in the house, kind of hard to do with an alarm system and the police and fire only minutes away, that $210,000 would have to cover not only my gun collection but everything else in the house also. This coverage also covers all my riflescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes, gun cases, stored ammunition, everything firearm related and does not cost me anything more than my annual house insurance premium of $731,

You do need to provide proof of ownership, a video tape, receipts or some kind of record of ownership of your firearms and all household belongings, but only if you have a claim, so you should store such a record with a friend or relative or in a safety deposit box at a bank so it is not stolen or destroyed in a fire or tornado for example.

My own personal opinion Armed Forces Insurance is an excellent company and everyone I have dealt with there has been friendly and helpful, if you are a Veteran and interested you can contact them at 800-255-6792.

For you folks who are not Veterans, there is according to my Independent Insurance Agent one other company that does this and accepts anyone, that company is called Safeco and as I have not had any dealings with them I cannot say positive or negative either way but you can contact them at 800-332-3226.

I am not an employee of either Company and I do not receive any Compensation from either Company, and I have not had any claims with either Company, this is just to provide hopefully helpful information, but as with any information put your thinking cap on and choose wisely.

Hopefully there will be other Forum Members who can chime in on
this.
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Last edited by PH/CIB; December 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.03823 seconds with 8 queries