View Single Post
Old December 23, 2019, 12:51 AM   #1
casteg

Flash Hider K98k Mauser

I was researching flash hiders used on Mausers and found some pictures of a simple flash hider somewhere on the internet... I saved the pictures but no details were provided so "I know nothing... nothing!"

Can anyone help me identify it?

The Mauser in this picture appears to be shorter than the rifle I own (the bayonet lug is closer to the muzzle and front sight is nothing like my 1942 98k which uses a simple hood. Perhaps it is not a K98 at all, but some other model or modification. I'm not a collector so I just don't know all the variations (and there are a passel of them!)

Maybe nobody hunts at night because of state laws so there is no interest in flash hiders outside of the wild pig shooting community. Or perhaps the muzzle flash is negligible on battle rifles and hiders are only useful on carbines... I can only imagine at this point.

Considering how little information is on the Internet about them I am not expecting much help, so any kind of information and leads are appreciated.

Merry Christmas to All! And Happy New Year.
Attached Images
File Type: png Mauser Flash Suppressor cropped.png (50.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: png Mauser Flash Suppressor installed cropped.png (190.3 KB, 106 views)

Page generated in 0.03929 seconds with 9 queries