View Single Post
Old March 16, 2014, 07:04 PM   #17
Shootin4fun

Good info guys, thanks for posting. I went through this thread in search of opinions about the neck tension being changed after seating and then removing the bullet.

ONE IMPORTANT PIECE OF ADVICE IS THE USE OF SAFETY GLASSES WHEN PULLING BULLETS. GOOD POINT SOMEONE MADE ABOUT THE PRIMER GOING EVERYWHERE IF IT DOES DETONATE.

Reb's experience with bullets being movable by simply pushing on them is downright scary.

We've all made a "too deep" mistake at some point, so a bullet puller is an eventuality for all reloaders. Took me a decade of reloading to need one.

I agree that the neck tension changes. I haven't measured it, but have reseated a few after removal, and it seems to me they actually felt easier to seat. This thread confirms it...removing the decapping pin or backing it out far enough to not touch the primer and resizing the neck is the way to go. Too much time is already spent in homogenizing these rounds to introduce a new variable.

Stevens pretty much summed it up.

Nice rig you have reb, that shoots .25 MOA groups at 100. .223 is a great round but those 50s and 55s are very sensitive to wind.

Page generated in 0.02603 seconds with 8 queries