View Single Post
Old December 14, 2019, 01:23 PM   #69
stagpanther

Further quick examination and it became immediately apparent to me what the headspace fuss is all about without even taking measurements-- notice that the case head area from the base of the case to the rim face is much deeper on the 350 L than a standard 5.56, particularly the size of the extractor groove.

Looking at the extension, you can see that they added a significant radius to the chamber face (from what I can tell from dropping a cartridge in, the chamber support ends at the base of the case/top of the case head. Along with the single machined ramp at the bottom of the extension--which is what I see usually on single-stack big bore AR's--I'm assuming this is to allow for more reliable chambering of cartridges that are ingressing at an angle. I rarely see machined radius that big except on pistol cartridge carbines.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2535.jpg (106.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2536.jpg (181.6 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by stagpanther; December 14, 2019 at 01:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.03012 seconds with 9 queries