View Single Post
Old January 11, 2018, 08:26 AM   #15
kraigwy

What is often neglected in "force on force" training, it training not to shoot.

If I'm in such a place which is being robbed. I'm not going to interfer as along as no one is getting hurt.

If I see someone running out of my my house with my TV (though I may be justified in shooting to stop), I'm calling the insurance company.

If I'm at a restruant, or gas station, and some one demands my wallet, I'm going to give it to him, then call the Bank and cancil all my cards.

Justifacation doesnt mean you should act. You can be totally justified in using deadly force. No charges, no jail time, no suit. No Problem...Right.

Wrong, its going to haunt you the rest of your life, No matter how justified, if you're human, you're going to pay.

I'm not saying not to be prepared to protect yourself or your loved ones. I'm saying property items arent worth nightmares.

Heck I've paid a ton in insurance payments. I doubt any bandit will take from me the value I've paid to insurance companies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Pick your martial art, boxing, or whatever contact "fighting" sport you want. Some are going to be better than others but all of them are going to be better than nothing. Practice several times a week if possible or at least once a week. It will help keep you in shape to a degree and help you be more competent than most people.
I'm no longer a 20 year old Airborne Infantry soldier with the reflexes of a cat.

I'm a 70 year old washed up paratrooper, with bad lungs and a ticker thats questionable. Practicing such activities would get be arrested for noise complaints just from my joints screaming.

Its much easier to take a sport I enjoy, that doesn't require phyical activity, that I can also use to protect my old bones and my family. (Lives not property).

Quote:
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent to the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson Letter to Peter Carr 1785.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.19347 seconds with 8 queries