View Single Post
Old August 13, 2017, 09:38 PM   #137
HiBC

I think most of us are viscerally outraged by this video.It takes us to primal fight or flight. I'm sure if medical instruments were hooked up to us as we viewed it,we would show physical responses to the video.
To make a bad analogy,"It builds us up and leaves us hanging"
It sticks in our craw.

We really NEED to see Clint Eastwood suggest "Now if you boys will just apologise to my mule,like I know you will...." Pew...pew....pew...pew
All the bad guys fall down. Yeah!!! Pry the top off a cold Lone Star.

I think there is a primal force inside of us ,clear back to caves,stone knives,and bear skins,that says that bully attacker needs to be put down...whether he is a thug or a cave bear or sabre tooth tiger.
Howmany of us mentally did a Mozambique drill on the bad guy?

The question becomes "Do we want our honest,real,natural EMOTIONS pressing the trigger?"

I'm with the folks who would write the movie with Dirty Harry in the store buying a roller dog ,the S+W 29 comes out and Callahan has to explain another dead thug to the Chief.

Maybe that's the way we would like things to be.

But this forum has a responsibility.We do carry real guns,we may see this situation,its not a movie,and,for myself,I want to know my LEGAL exposure.

Deaf,if you are in Texas,and all you believe in is true,shoot the SOB,and you are my hero!!

I appreciate Old Marksman pointing out the very real possibilities of what MAY happen next.

IMO,its good this was broken down to the timeline,the facts,the options,and potential outcomes.

With all respect to the Republic of Texas,there are some places in Texas where you can be prosecuted in Texas for running your BBQ in your back yard because your neighbors don't like the smell of ribs and briskets.IN TEXAS!!!

Last edited by HiBC; August 13, 2017 at 09:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.03540 seconds with 8 queries