View Single Post
Old July 2, 2013, 06:57 PM   #2
RJay

From the end of WWII until the , what, the late 60's or early seventys? every gun book and magazine had detailed directions on how to convert that cheap, ugly war rifle into a bea-tee-full hunting firearm. This inclued the M1 and M1 carbines. I'm as guilty as anyone else in that era, I spent many a evening building myself custom rifles. There were several companies listed in the American Rifleman selling pre-cut stocks ( of your choice of wood for extra $$ ) and other companies that would install the barrel of your choice. The parts houses had tons of after market parts. There were many custom rifles built that now sell for less than they are really worth. Many of todays custom gunsmiths got their start building these guns. I can't find the name of Vince Noel { he was proud enought to put his name on it } and with out pictures it is difficult to tell you anything valid, but any well built custom rifle built with a Douglas barrel. is worth more than what you paid. JMHO and I have another stack out in the garage.

Page generated in 0.02908 seconds with 8 queries